Uncle Ray’s Recipes
Bacon Wrapped – Cranberry
Stuffed Chicken Breast
Ingredients (per serving):
- 2 – strips of bacon
- 1 – chicken breast, butterflied and/or flattened
- pinch of salt and pepper
Stuffing: mix all together in a bowl and set aside
- ¼ – cup plain crumbs
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 – teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 – teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 – tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 – egg
- 2 – teaspoons olive oil or canola oil
- pinch of cayenne
- aluminum foil
- 1 – tablespoon vegetable oil
- Lay your bacon strips side by side on a piece of foil large enough to cover your chicken breast. Lay chicken breast on bacon strips lengthwise. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling into the center of the chicken breast.
- Roll chicken into a log shape then roll bacon around chicken. Some stuffing may leak out but that’s ok.
- Now roll foil around the chicken twisting the ends to hold everything in place.
Cooking: (while still in foil)
Poach in a well-seasoned liquid such as chicken stock, vegetable stock, white wine and water, or tea for 15 minutes. Allow to cool until chicken is just warm enough to handle. Remove from foil. Blot with paper towel to remove excess moisture.Heat oil in frying pan and brown chicken on all sides or until bacon is crisp.
Allow to cool slightly before handling. Enjoy!