2020 Annual “Send a Kid to Camp” Annual Giving Campaign Kick-Off
Every year Camp Weaver is proud to host a fundraising event to kick-off the “Send a Kid to Camp” Annual Giving Campaign.
Our Annual “Send a Kid to Camp” Giving Campaign program provides scholarships for underserved, underprivileged, deserving children to attend summer camp and participate in valuable outdoor education opportunities. Many children never have the opportunity to experience the magic of camp and it is our goal to ensure that every child has this opportunity.
With the support of donors and local businesses we will build a better us by ensuring that YMCA Camp Weaver’s doors are open to all. All of the support we receive helps hundreds of youth live healthier and happier lives. Camp helps kids to do better in school, lessening the detrimental effects of summer learning loss and builds invaluable self confidence.
2020 Event Overview
- 2020 Annual Giving Campaign Kick-Off
- When: March 12th, 2020, 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Where: The Colonnade at Revolution Mill Event Center
- Dinner, Testimonial Speakers, Silent and Live Auction
The following is a snapshot of our achievements in 2019:
- 350 children were awarded scholarships to attend day and overnight camp sessions.
- 200 overnight campers participated in financial literacy camp.
- 48 children served from the Family Justice Center
- Partnered with organizations including Children’s Home Society, Partnership Village, Habitat for Humanity, North Carolina Bankers Association, Camp Hope and Camp Corral.
- 165 Military campers were served, across the southeast with priority given to children of a disabled, wounded or fallen parents.
We need your help to have a powerful impact on the lives of local children. To get involved, check out our website, call our office, or email email@example.com.