2021 Financial Assistance – Send A Kid to Camp Annual Campaign
Thank you for your interest in the YMCA Camp Weaver’s “Send a Kid to Camp” financial assistance program.
Our staff and board members work throughout the year to raise money for our “Send A Kid to Camp” Annual Giving Campaign which provides families and schools financial assistance for summer camp and school field trips. If you are interested in donating to this program CLICK HERE
All financial assistance is granted on a sliding scale based on income and need and resources are limited. We do not provide 100% scholarships.
For Day Camp, assistance is granted only towards 4 weeks/sessions.
For Overnight Camp, assistance is granted only towards 1 session. ( this includes Overnight Camp and Leadership Camps.)
Stayover weekend cost and horse camp are not included in scholarship award.
The following documents are required for processing your request (all those applicable):
- Review the summer session schedule and begin to think which weeks you would be interested in having your camper attend camp.
- FIRST : Complete the camper application online through CampInTouch Account Returning Families, New Families, once it comes time to make a deposit please mark that you will be sending a check, this is the only way to finish the application and move on without having your card charged.
- “Send a Kid to Camp” Financial Assistance Application (next four pages)
- First 2 pages of your 2020 tax return that was filed with the IRS (or last year filed). The information must include adjusted gross income and list the dependents interested in attending camp. Please black out social security numbers.
- Copy of all 2020 W-2 forms (Please include W-2 forms for all persons in household).
- Copy of one month of paycheck stubs and proof of ALL other income that comes into the household. (Child support, Disability Statement, Unemployment, Food Stamps, Letter of Hardship, etc.) This information must be provided for all adults in household.
- Social Security award letter or SSA-1099 S.S. Benefit Statement, if received, in household.
- Camper Essay – written by each child that would like to attend camp. (details in application)
- For foster/ adopted children, provide a copy of stipend from DSS and any other related documents.