Uncle Ray’s Crazy Cookie Dough Recipe- No Egg
This cookie recipe was such a hit with our Spring Break Camp Day Campers, we wanted to share it!
Crazy Cookie Dough Base Recipe
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) butter ( melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 1¼ cup (7 1/2 oz/213g) dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup (6oz/170g) white sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (12 1/2oz/355g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup candies, chocolate chips, or nuts, or a mixture of these
- In a large bowl add in the melted butter, both sugars, applesauce, and vanilla extract and whisk together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir with a spatula to form your cookie dough. IMPORTANT STEP: Now, chill the dough for a minimum of 2 hours before scooping to avoid the cookies from spreading while baking.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the cookie dough base into roughly 14 cookies (weighing roughly 2 1/2 oz each
Baking your Crazy Cookie Dough:
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350ºF (185°C).
- Roughly shape the cookies back into balls of dough before placing the cookies on a large parchment-lined cookie sheet about 4 inches apart. TIP: Do Not Flatten the cookies! Leave them to bake as a rounded scoop of dough. This will ensure your cookies don’t spread out too much.
- Bake for roughly 12 minutes or until you can still see it is doughy in the center but browning around the edge. Resist the urge to bake for longer as you will over bake it and lose that gooey center.
- Let cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then enjoy. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.