Summer Camp Jobs
We are looking for hardworking, fun men and women who are willing to spend their summer changing the life of deserving children!
Working at camp is one of the hardest jobs you will ever have, but also the most fun and rewarding!
Our focus is on friendship building, fun, safety, and character development. Our small camp community employs about 40 staff members from around the world to be part of a summer that will change their lives. Are you ready for an experience that will last a lifetime?
*Please note most positions are seasonal, starting in June and ending in August.*
Why work at Camp Weaver?
- Make an impact on children
- Make lifelong friends
- Build your resume
- Spend the summer hanging out with people from around the world
- Learn new skills like archery, pottery, climbing, horseback riding, or skateboarding
- Obtain valuable certifications like First Aid, CPR, lifeguarding, and archery
- Gain an experience that truly lasts a lifetime!
- Applicants must be a rising senior in high school, or above and aged 17, or older.
Applicants go through a careful screening process that includes interviews, reference checks, a background check, and a drug screen. We strive to hire only those individuals who are caring, positive role models and are dedicated to putting our campers’ needs first. Working as a counselor is rewarding as well as physically and mentally demanding.
All of our staff are required go through an intensive one-week training session to learn about issues such as bullying prevention, homesickness, character development, and much more. Some of our activities require further certifications and training such as archery, BB’s, climbing, and aquatics. During the summer, weekly in-services are held to ensure the safety of our campers. Of course, you must be comfortable working outdoors and with children for the majority of each day. Residential and commuter positions are available.
Outdoor Education Jobs
Six Positions available for Spring 2017 (Early March to Late May)!
To start your application process, please send a complete resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love working with kids? Love being in the outdoors? YMCA Camp Weaver might have the great seasonal job for you. Serving 4th through 11th grades, our Outdoor Education program revolves around teaching kids natural science through experiential learning and helping to create the leaders of tomorrow. Hours vary weekly, ranging from 8 am until 10 pm with the program running for both fall and spring seasons. A daily rate set for $260 per week, plus room and board. Please send a complete resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Teaching Team-building and Leadership classes on the ground and with low ropes
- Teaching Environmental Education classes
- Belaying at our climbing tower
- Facilitating our High Team Adventure ropes course
- Running Meals
- Assisting with our Group Services Programs
- Program related general camp maintenance
Must have the ability to…
- Work with kids of all different ages
- Be professional with all participants
- Work independently
- Follow course design
- Have experience teaching with children
- Have leadership experience
- Ropes course experience
- Works well in groups and independently
- Have a passion for helping children become better people
Administrative Office Staff
Would you love to work at camp this summer while also developing valuable office related business skills?
Primary job responsibilities consist of:
- Communicating effectively with a diverse group of people via in person, online and telephone correspondence.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all volunteers, staff and participants.
- Assist the Business Manager in all necessary functions of the business office.
- Regularly preform basic data entry, organization and document filing
- Process camper registration and camp payments.
- Assist with Marketing and Social Media if needed
Interested in Volunteering at Camp Weaver?
Do you have any useful skills you’d like to share like experience with photography, video editing, marketing, landscaping, gardening, kitchen work, or office work?
CURRENT NEEDS: We have a need for a camp videographer! If you would like to help Camp Weaver with video editing and creating engaging video content for campers and parents please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click below to learn more about the volunteer opportunities we have.
Build your portfolio and gain important business skills while having fun in a unique setting at an organization that is for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Internship curriculum may be developed to fulfill any class internship requirements and student will gain valuable hands-on experience working with a nonprofit organization.
We offer a Marketing & Communications internship at YMCA Camp Weaver.
Click Here for more information: YMCA Camp Weaver Marketing Internship
For more information on Volunteer or Internship Opportunities please email email@example.com