Summer Camp Jobs
We are looking for hardworking, fun men and women who are willing to spend their summer changing the life of deserving children!
Working at camp is one of the hardest jobs you will ever have, but also the most fun and rewarding!
Our focus is on friendship building, fun, safety, and character development. Our tight-knit camp community employs around 90 staff as camp counselors and other support positions (Maintenance, Kitchen, Office, etc). We are proud to have diverse staff from all backgrounds and from around the world to be part of a summer that will change their lives. Are you ready for an experience that will last a lifetime?
Why work at Camp Weaver?
- Make an impact on children
- Make lifelong friends
- Build your resume
- Spend the summer hanging out with people from around the world
- Learn new skills like archery, pottery, climbing, horseback riding, or skateboarding
- Obtain valuable certifications like First Aid, CPR, lifeguarding, and archery
- Gain an experience that truly lasts a lifetime!
Applicants go through a careful screening process that includes interviews, reference checks, a background check, and a drug screen. We strive to hire only those individuals who are caring, positive role models and are dedicated to putting our campers’ needs first. Working as a counselor is rewarding as well as physically and mentally demanding.
All of our staff are required go through an intensive one-week training session to learn about issues such as bullying prevention, homesickness, character development, and much more. Some of our activities require further certifications and training such as archery, BB’s, climbing, and aquatics. During the summer, weekly in-services are held to ensure the safety of our campers. Of course, you must be comfortable working outdoors and with children for the majority of each day. Residential and commuter positions are available.
Outdoor Education Jobs
Eight Positions available for Spring 2020 !
To start your application process, please send a complete resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love working with kids? Love being in the outdoors? YMCA Camp Weaver might have the great seasonal job for you. Serving 1st through 11th grades, our Outdoor Education program revolves around teaching kids natural science through experiential learning and helping to create the leaders of tomorrow. Hours vary weekly, ranging from 8 am until 10 pm with the program running for both fall and spring seasons. A daily rate set for $325 per week, plus room and board. Please send a complete resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Teaching Team-building and Leadership classes on the ground and with low ropes
- Teaching Environmental Education classes
- Belaying at our climbing tower
- Facilitating our High Team Adventure ropes course
- Running Meals
- Assisting with our Group Services Programs
- Program related general camp maintenance
Must have the ability to…
- Work with kids of all different ages
- Be professional with all participants
- Work independently
- Follow course design
- Have experience teaching with children
- Have leadership experience
- Ropes course experience
- Works well in groups and independently
- Have a passion for helping children become better people
Summer 2020 Administrative Office Staff
Would you love to work at camp this summer while also developing valuable office related business skills? Check out the job description here: Office Assistant.2019
Primary job responsibilities consist of:
- Communicating effectively with a diverse group of people via in person, online and telephone correspondence.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all volunteers, staff and participants.
- Assist the Business Manager in all necessary functions of the business office.
- Manage a summer long assigned project.
- Regularly preform basic data entry, organization and document filing
- Process camper registration and camp payments.
- Assist with Marketing and Social Media if needed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrate clear & positive communication with children, parents, co-workers, and supervisors
- Possess the ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, keep accurate records and notes, serve as a positive role model and take initiative
- Proficiency in Word,Excel, Google Docs preferred. Maturity and attention to detail is a must.
This position will be seasonal with possible opportunity for additional regular hours throughout the year.
Internships for Summer 2020
Students: Are you interested in developing hands-on social media, design, photography or video editing skills this summer?
We are proud to be a host site for the Non-Profit Internship Program established by the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation. The Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation established the Non-Profit Internship Program (NPIP) in 2011. Since 2011, the program has awarded paid internship opportunities to more than 20 Pell grant-eligible college and university students enrolled in four-year institutions across the state. This year, the program will continue through a collaboration of seven funders to offer 38 paid internships for the summer of 2020.
Position: Administrative and Media Intern
Internship Description: Throughout their internship, the Administrative and Media Intern would have access to a variety of professional grade tools, including high end camera equipment (both DSLR and traditional digital video camers), GoPro Action cameras, as well as vaious digital audio recording equipment. This will allow them to keep up with trends in social media to support and promote Camp Weaver Programs. In addition to the collection of footage, stories and photographs, the intern will also be responsible for editing and reviewing high-quality content on a regular basis throughout the summer, to be used beyond the internships completion. The intern will also be assisting with fundraising, event planning, daily office tasks as well as camp check-in. In the summer time, Camp Weaver hosts 2 fundraisers to raise funds for our financial assistance program. Our intern will have first hand in seeing how much goes into these fundraisers and will help make them a success. The camp office can be a busy place with phone calls and face to face customer service interactions, our intern will be able to improve and master their skills in order to provide not only our families but fellow camp counselors with a smooth summer camp experience. These duties will provide the intern with a well rounded experience and behind the scenes look at a large non-profit organization.
NPIP Internship Eligibility
Eligible students must be:
- A rising sophomore, junior, or senior enrolled full-time in a four-year North Carolina college or university; OR
- A rising sophomore, junior or senior North Carolina resident enrolled full-time in a four-year accredited college outside the state; AND
- Pell grant-eligible in the academic year in which they apply for NPIP. As a part of the application process, students will be asked to upload their Student Aid Report verifying their Pell grant eligibility. Students can access this document through their FAFSA login. Click here for further directions. Students ineligible for a Pell grant due to documentation issues or criminal conviction may be eligible and should contact Jose Oliva. For more information, check the Non-Profit Internship Program FAQs.
Students of color are encouraged to apply.
*Please note that some internships will have additional eligibility requirements which will be outlined on the application.
**Our facility is located in Southeast Greensboro (4924 Tapawingo Trail, Greensboro NC 27406), students must have their own means of transportation to our site.
The application is due February 11, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please contact our first-year ZSR fellow, Bear Tosé, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in Volunteering at Camp Weaver?
Do you have any useful skills you’d like to share like experience with photography, video editing, marketing, landscaping, gardening, kitchen work, or office work?
CURRENT NEEDS: We have a need for a camp videographer! If you would like to help Camp Weaver with video editing and creating engaging video content for campers and parents please email email@example.com
Please click below to learn more about the volunteer opportunities we have.