Give To Camp Weaver
Support Local Kids at YMCA Camp Weaver
Support YMCA Camp Weaver and local children by making an online donation today:
We Can Do So Much More Together!
YMCA Camp Weaver is your partner, standing with you to strengthen our community.
Our Annual Giving Campaign provides scholarships for under-served, underprivileged, deserving kids to attend summer camp and participate in valuable outdoor education opportunities. Many children never have the opportunity to experience the magic of camp, it’s our goal to ensure that every child has this opportunity.
Every dollar raised stays local and has a lasting impact on children in our community. Your support will build a better us by ensuring that YMCA Camp Weaver’s doors are open to all. Your support helps hundreds of youth live healthier and happier lives. Camp helps kids to do better in school, lessening the detrimental effects of summer learning loss and builds invaluable self confidence.
Through our community partnerships and our financial assistance application process we identify families who need and deserve our help. Without quality day and overnight camp opportunities, children often spend all summer home bored in potentially unsafe situations.
For a better you. For a better community. For a better us.™
Snapshot of our achievements in 2016:
- 350 scholarships awarded to attend day and overnight camp sessions
- 240 overnight campers participated in financial literacy camp
- 165 Military campers were served, across the southeast with priority given to children of a disabled, wounded or fallen parents
- Partnered with community organizations including Children’s Home Society, Partnership Village and Habitat for Humanity
$100 pays for food and supplies for a child to attend a week of camp
$290 sends a child to day camp
$775 sends a child to overnight camp
$1,450 sends 5 children to one week of day camp
$9,450 sends an entire cabin of children to overnight camp
More Ways to Help
- Sponsor our Annual Giving Campaign Kick-Off Event
- Give an item on Camp Weaver’s Wish List
- Volunteer Opportunities
Capital Campaign Needs
- Lodge with 40 beds and meeting area – $400,000 – $500,000
- New Cabins (2 Needed) – $250,000
- Purchase 32 acres attached to camp property – $400,000
- Purchase house attached to camp property for staff housing – $150,000
- Blacksmith Shop – $10,000
- Barn Stall Replacement – $8,000
- Mini Farm Expansion – $6,000
- Boathouse Renovations – $5,000
- Nature Center Renovations – $2,000
Lt. J Wesley Van Dorn Memorial Scholarship Fund
YMCA Camp Weaver is honored to establish a scholarship in memory of American Hero, Lt. J. Wesley Van Dorn, United States Navy who passed away in a helicopter accident off the coast of Virginia. Wes loved people and was an avid outdoorsman.
Donations can be made by clicking the link above or sent by mail to YMCA Camp Weaver, Lt. J. Wesley Van Dorn Scholarship Fund, 4924 Tapawingo Trail, Greensboro, NC 27406.